Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries, or us||Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10136940 whose registered office is at Bank House, 81 St Judes Road, Englefield Green, Middlesex, TW20 0DF;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://orbitt.capital/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Job Title;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries is the “data controller”.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new ones, and to protect Orbitt and our users.
We use your Personal Information to process and administer details of your membership, to communicate with you, to provide you with opportunities, and to keep you up to date with new developments at Orbitt.
We also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. Orbitt may contact you using information you voluntarily provide. It’s important for you to understand that:
Except as set forth herein, we do not share your information with unaffiliated companies for marketing purposes without your prior permission.
Unless you opt-out, we may share information about you among companies affiliated with us to inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
If you contact us for troubleshooting, we may also keep a record of that fact to better serve you and other Orbitt customers in the future.
Third party websites and services
- Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Data security is of great importance to Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Orbitt Limited and its Subsidiaries to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Security & Information Retention
What risks do I take by sharing information?
- Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your personal information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your personal information. We cannot ensure that information you share on our website will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on our website. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password and using up to date antivirus software.
Third Party Sites
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
- If you are a member, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Members and visitors can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
How Can I Delete My Account?
- Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com . If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account.
What should I do if I have more questions?
- All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed and should be addressed to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org